bsacks05

Well Known Member
My mother was down here in Georgia for granddaughter Diana's high school graduation this past weekend. She visits from Pennsylvania about once a year but we never had good flying weather during her visits until now. She is not a big fan of flying but was willing to trust me and my little plane. At 74 years she only needed a little help getting into the -9 and less help getting out.

n5ih6r.jpg

Winds were calm, 70s music on the XM, and mom and I spend about 20 minutes overflying the local area. The flight ended with a smoooooth landing and a happy mommy.:) She really enjoyed it and was impressed with my skill and professionalism. ;)

qywqo8.jpg

Here's her RV grin!

egackm.jpg

Last edited:
Bruce;

1. Your Mom certainly does not look 74!!!

2. She appears to be enjoying the experience.

3. Time to convert her to permanent RV driver and skip the spam cans on her visits to Georgia.:)

John Morgan

Your short post touched my heart. I know my mom would never have flown with me but it sure would have been fun to fly with my dad. He was an aeronautical engineer, and apparently pretty good at what he did. It would have been interesting to see him shift from theory to practice. Life's short - enjoy your family.

Congratulations to the both of you.

My Mom is 92 and has only flown in planes piloted by me.
A SkyHawk XP and my RV-6. She enjoys the -6 much more!

She just had open heart surgery last Monday and was sent home Saturday. Her biggest complaint while in the hospital was. "I need to get out of here and mow my yard."

My mom was a pilot in the late 30's-early 40's. Wish I had the opportunity to take her for a ride in my yet to be completed 9a. Enjoy it while you can. You only have one mum!

Ka6dan (old sailplane moniker):)