Derek

I was wondering what is the best way of rejuvenating the gadgets that are absorbing the moisture in my engine whilst it is storage ?

IMG_0666.jpg

Unscrew the cap and pour the pink beads into a pyrex bowl.

Put it into the oven at 250 for 10 minutes or so, they will turn blue. I may be off a bit on time and temp, so be careful-----but that is about what I remember using.

Keep an eye on them, I did mine in a toaster oven, was easy to see when they were done.

Put the beads back in the holder.

I used the same method as Mike a couple of times, but found that the aroma of roasting silica gel lingered in the toaster oven for quite a number of days afterward. The last two times I dried mine out, i used the microwave oven in our hangar kitchen, and it seemed to work just as well, was really quick (a few minutes), and didn't stink up the kitchen.

YMMV

Paul

I pour them in an old metal can and heat them with a heat gun for a couple of minutes. Use gloves!

lazy

I just took each glass part with the beads and put all four in the microwave for a minute or two. No need to divide the beads up when done.

Try 30 seconds at a time

The last two times I dried mine out, i used the microwave oven in our hangar kitchen.

YMMV

Paul

I agree with Paul on this one. I've been doing it that way for years. Depending on how much your drying, just put the pink beads in any microwave safe bowl and heat it on high in 30 second intervals till they turn dark blue.