todehnal

Well Known Member
I know that I am not alone in my interest in gear leg farings. From the best that I can gather, jetguy "John Albury" designed and made some. It was actually Geico266 "Larry Gieger" who mentioned them and actally posted pictures. For some reason, neither of these folks will respond to my inquiries about them.

Does anyone have info on these farings? They sure look nice! I would love to have a set, hopefully, without re-inventing the wheel.

Has anyone else been successful in getting info, or aquiring a set of these beauties??

Tom

Adapt either -6 or -7.

My thoughts are to adapt either the -6 or -7 leg fairings and fab upper and lower intersection fairings as well. Van has the correct shape for minimum drag.

Best,

I know that I am not alone in my interest in gear leg farings. From the best that I can gather, jetguy "John Albury" designed and made some.

Does anyone have info on these farings? They sure look nice! I would love to have a set, hopefully, without re-inventing the wheel.

Tom

Picked up a set of them from John Albury at OSH. He will respond, patience! They are nice and well made. Send John an e-mail.

Fairings

I just received my set from John. As stated above...be patient. If you really need them now....I will sell you mine for $500.00:D with free shipping.:D

That's Good News

Thanks Guys!

I was beginning to think that I had bad breath, or something.
I'm not in that big of a rush. I was just surprised at the lack of response.
I've been tooling around this sight for several years now and have always been amazed at the responsiveness of folks, the talent that we have in our midst, and the builders help that is provided. It's a wonderful sight. I truly enjoy being a part of it, and always feel great when I can offer someone a little help from my end.

I will be patient

Tom

Your Weather

Thanks Dave. You're a lot of help :)

Hope you have your RV-12 in a safe place. Man, you guys got some bad weather out there. I guess Joe just moved his from the house, out to the Barn. Hope he's good as well. We don't need to have mother nature come down on our pride and joy.
Tom

Tom, we are still getting tremendous winds as of 0800. Joe's 12 is in the hangar now, which appears to be well built and has stood for many years (It was designed and built by an engineer as you know). I will be by his place shortly. Mine is in the paint shop at Chorman Airport (D74). The shop is a pre-engineered steel bldg. so it should be o.k.. D74 is down on the Delmarva penninsula. Power is out everywhere here.

I bought them last week from John. When they arrived I saw the sticker of buyplaneparts.com. The fairings are sold on the website;

buyplaneparts.com

rv12banner2.jpg

They are very cool, and a well made product. They do need to be painted however, to protect them from UV rays.

I have been asked what I used to secure. What I used was #6 screws. Drill a pilot hole after you have it positioned , then counter sunk the fairing so the screw heads are fush. Just don't over tighten them, and add a drop of locktitie on the screws.

Mine arrived today, a really first class product, and best of all I did not have to make them myself!

I think I explained that in the ad. I was going to make gear leg fairings to go with these for a fully faired mlg. The outfit in Africa came up with another intersection fairing that fits with Vans gear leg fairings, so that saved me the trouble of making my own. Got a set of the Africa ones on the way. Anything for a knot or two!