ccarter

Well Known Member
Ordered two of Van's injection molded stick grips (they sell right hand only). Didn't think about it when doing it because it was a big order. (yeah, tell me you guy's haven't done this too... :rolleyes: )

Anyway, it's a rather spartan grip but very functional. Fits my right hand great but DUH. I'm going to fly left handed more than not. My throttle/mixer/prop are in the standard locations, flaps toggle just left of throttle so I can tweak it with my thumb. I thought I could just do a bit of grinding/sanding on the thumb rest to take it off and end up with a righty/lefty, pilot side only. Anyone else done this? Have okay success with it? 45 (dead presidents) each for the grips, don't want to start wailing away on it without a bit of input if it's out there...

:cool:

Chris...

http://www.n212s.com
IO-360M1B (ordered),Dynon 180, SL-30,GTX-320,GMA-340,GPS-496,

The pilots position (left stick) on Van's RV-7A, 9A and both of the RV-10 prototypes have grips modified as you are planing.

Thanks Scott. The material looked like it would shape farily well. I went for it this morning on the left grip. After a bit of grinding and fine grit sanding I'm happy with the results. Thanks for the reply....

Chris...