Looking at the -8. Read through these forums and saw a lot of very saavy and creative building. I really liked the double wing tanks that I saw one builder put on his Super-8.

Question: Has anyone ever modified an -8 fuselage to make it a single-place? Im just dreaming here... but I envision moving the pilots seat into the rear seat location. As anything like this been done on the -8? Create any problems that couldnt be fixed?

Could be pretty cool i think, Reminds me of when Pitts Made the S2-S, essentially an S2-B Frame with a single seat

5d89u_zpsb4b22a0d.jpg

Absolutly no harm ment for whomevers picture I stole :)

Came across this photo of a Harmon Rocket III. Is the Harmon Rocket III based on the -8 or the -4? To my knowledge they are all modified RV's correct?

harmon_rocket_3_by_shelbs2-d3lnsbi.jpg

Came across this photo of a Harmon Rocket III. Is the Harmon Rocket III based on the -8 or the -4? To my knowledge they are all modified RV's correct?

I cant answer the 4 Vs 8 Questions but the big difference I see would be the Rocket has an IO-540 and the 8 would have a IO-360

Bruce Bohannon's Flyin' Tiger is a combination of -4, -8, and Rocket parts - plus a whole lot more!

0321148.jpg

...and if you'll Google "Bruce Bohannon, you'll find that he set altitude records in that plane, over 40,000'!

Best,

I sketched a couple single-seat versions a while back. One is with the standard forward skin and bulkhead shape extended, makes it a bit camel-backed, and one with a cut down shape. Looks like someone already did it.

20111101125411767page1.png

20111101125411767page2.png