hammer408

Somewhere in the General Discussion or 9A discussion threads, a builder had some issues with the front nose wheel hitting holes in the taxiway or runways and his concern with damage or flipping; this being due to the front of the nose wheel fork being at a sharp 90 degree angel. I'm not sure what he did, but if I recall, he used fiberglass epoxy or something to eliminate this sharp angle, so if he hit a hole then the front wheel would glance off rather than the wheel "gouging" into the lip of the hole.

If anyone remembers this Thread, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks

Henry T.
-9A :confused: :confused:

Hi Henry,

Here's the link to the thread. It was my plane that was damaged while parking. Look on page 14 to see the damage, and then on page 21 to see the skid idea that another RV'er did. The whole thing cost me about $1K including paint, shortening the gear leg for the new fork, purchasing the new wheel fairing, gear leg fairing, fork, and a small fairing from Fairings Etc. that goes on the wheel fairing.

http://www.vansairforce.com/community/showthread.php?t=3776&page=1&pp=10&highlight=frazier+lake

Best,

Thanks appreciate it...I know someone would remember. I'm actually looking to do the Mod that Vern Little did....fabricating a fiberglass skid plate using epoxy resin. It worked for Vern and should work for me.......One can never be to careful.

Thanks again, Bryan.....