AFSOCpilot

I'm New Here
I'm looking at buying an RV-4 that I will have to install nav lights/strobes and a landing light and possibly redo the instrument panel to make it IFR compliant. Is is only day VFR configured as of now.

Is there anyway to get an estimate on how much it would cost to get the lights installed?

I figure I would just get a sheet metal worker to create the right instrument panel for me for whatever instruments I would choose to buy/keep from what is already on the plane. this part doesn't seem like it would be too pricey besides the actual instruments I'll buy.

Thanks for the help!!!!

Welcome to VAF!!!!

Derrick, welcome aboard the good ship VAF!!

Good to have you here, this is THE place for info on things of an RVish nature.

The hardest part of the lighting project is going to be running the wires, far as I know. It will more than likely require a series of holes to be drilled in the ribs, for a conduit. It can be done with a unibit, and a bunch of extensions----just have to be patient.

For the actual lights, my suggestion is to use a Duckworks leading edge setup.

There is a lot of info already here about running conduit, time for you to get familiar with the search function.

Again, welcome aboard, enjoy the ride:D

Welcome Derrick.

I have a friend who's not too far from you at KOKZ, Sandersville, Ga. who has helped build 16 RV's, including a -4.

We ran coax out to my wingtip in the -10 and he has the templates for the lights as well.

PM me for his contact info.

Thanks,