Tim 8-A

Well Known Member
Sponsor
How cool is this!
My wife is always looking for a way to surprise my on my birthday.
Come to find out my wife, while walking through the vendor booths at SnF this year, she grabbed a card from a model airplane builder.
She was wanting to get a replica of my 8a for my office, (My office is cluttered with models and pictures of past projects).
The process for ordering the plane is to send pictures of the plane and they build from them, the problem was I was making changes faster then they could build the model.:eek:
My wife told my they finally told her not to send any other pictures, they were beyond making any more changes to the plane.
On the inside they were able to create the most recent version of my plane minus the GPS/ com, the model has the GX65 in it, the last thing I added was the 430W.
The out side is a another story, I had issues with my paint scheme, and I have access to a good vinyl shop, so the out side was going through a lot of changes I never could get it quite right.
To top it all off Glo Custom is based at the same airport I am and I taxi by his hanger when using 35.
(I learned a long time ago if Grady gets an opening you take advantage of it). So off to the paint shop my plane went.
I am amazed at how accurate the model is.
My wife really put the time in on this one.
Here are a few pictures of the plane and the model, and one of the repainted plane.
082.jpg

008.jpg

006.jpg

plane010.jpg

016.jpg

001.jpg

Here is a link to the photo album.
http://picasaweb.google.com/109919754852252401046/20100921?authkey=Gv1sRgCLz6qaPs7oLR1wE#

How it sits today
I guess I could take the model to Grady for repaint.

4032Q484.jpg

Can you let us know who the model builder was? This could be a nice present for another builder...