Flyrod

Well Known Member
Any RV types in the Mobile area? I am here in Mobile getting some work done at Atlantic Marine Shipyard. Going to take Saturday off (9-27) and plan on driving out to Mobile Downtown Airport to see what kind of hanger flying is happening.:p

Mobile on a Saturday? Here's what I'd do:

- Hangar flying in Fairhope Al. (east side of the bay)
- Tour the Battleship Alabama on the causeway across the bay (lots of military aircraft on display)
- Eat at Felixes right down the road.

Mobile Downtown is a pretty industrial type location, though there is a good FBO there. Most of the little airplanes are in Fairhope or Foley....

Mobile

U would probably do better at Roy E. Ray or St. Elmo airport. Never see much fun stuff at BFM
Doug Preston
RV-10
N372RV

U would probably do better at Roy E. Ray or St. Elmo airport. Never see much fun stuff at BFM
Doug Preston
RV-10
N372RV

Doug's right! Definitely visit Roy E. Ray, lots of great guys there and on a good Saturday, lots of flying.

Thanks for the Info

Hey, thanks for the great information. Maybe I will see one of you at Roy E. Ray or Fairhope or St. Elmo. I will be the the new face that does not look like he knows where he is going.:)

Last edited:
Mobile

Ah, St. Elmo,

I flew single channel RC out of St. Elmo in the late 50's. Anybody remember Bonner Varicomps or Esquires?

Miller McPherson
RV-6, 900+ hours
Hatz for the wife's aerobatics
L-16B Champ 2000+hours
Cascabel AZ (now stuck in beautiful downtown Durham for the fall...)