Steve A

Well Known Member
I have a Lycoming IO 360 180 hp ordered from Van's and I am hooking up the mixture cable. I like the idea of running the cable underneath the engine from the standard firewall position on the left upper side next to the prop cable. I was going to fabricate a mixture bracket a la Dan C and bolt it to the boss lying on the bottom of the engine. I ordered the cable from Van's and as much as I can tell, it will be too short as I am traveling farther going under the engine and not above the sump. The mixture arm is pointing down so I would not have to take the arm off and reposition it.

I like the way Dan Checkoway's installation looks but he has an angle valve IO 360 with a different FI system. My solution seems to be buy a longer cable from Aircraft Spruce and be done with it. Because I am on the final assault on finishing the project and am tired to ordering stuff and sending it back, I thought I would run this by the collect genius of the net and see if anyone has any brain storms (farts) on the matter.

Steve Anderson
RV 7A
Finishing (perpetually)