lr172

Well Known Member
I am converting my O-360 to vertical FI (Bendix RSA). I will be using the VA-182 bracket and will clearly need to move my Mixture Cable penetration up quite a bit to get the right angle and gain some length. The carb config has it very low and pointing up.

I wouldn't expect Van's to have a firewall layout, as they don't seem to support the vertical induction configuration. I was hoping that someone could share where they placed their cable penetration that allowed them to use the standard mixture cable. It appears that I will have enough length if I move it up several inches from the current location low on the firewall.

Thanks,

Larry

Last edited:
Mine passes thru the upper, angled face of the firewall center inset. In that spot it cleared all the other "stuff" on the fwd side of the firewall, and was at a downward angle toward the engine-bottom cable bracket. Prior to trying that location, Vans did not offer a mixture cable long enough for the other spots I had tried.

Mine passes thru the upper, angled face of the firewall center inset. In that spot it cleared all the other "stuff" on the fwd side of the firewall, and was at a downward angle toward the engine-bottom cable bracket. Prior to trying that location, Vans did not offer a mixture cable long enough for the other spots I had tried.

Thanks for the reply. Did this routing allow the 45" cable to work?

Larry