Vlad

Well Known Member
I am connecting control cables to carb. The tiny premanufactured bushing which goes into mixture arm hole is missing. OP-26 drawing, FF-704. What kind of metal is it manufactured from? Is it a good idea to make it or should I order it? Looks like the tolerances are pretty close.

OK then. Would bushing made out of 1/4 aluminum tubing used for fuel lines serve the purpose? Or do I need brass?

Still digging AC43...

You should have a length of aluminum tube, .054 wall , 3/8" OD about 4" long. It comes with the mixture and throttle brackets and bellcranks. You are supposed to make it from that, not fuel tubing.

Thanks Dave

Looking for that tubing. You mean 3/8 ID, right? It's for AN3 to go through.

Last edited:
Actually, it's 5/16 OD, Just went and looked OD . With a .054 wall x 2 =.108. .313 -.108 = .205 diameter ID. An AN3 (3/16 or .1875) slips right in. If you can't find it in the parts bag, I know I've got extra that came with other stuff. Hopefully you have some laying around

Last edited:
Tiny bushing....

If you bought the FWF kit, the tiny bushing is in the same bag as the overflow fuel pump tube (that`s the copper tube that goes on the mechnical fuel pump).
Look in that bag, it should be there....

Mike.

Love this forum

Started attaching the cables today and could not find this bushing....jump on VAF and there you go aero tango nailed it on the head, it was exactly where you said!! Thanks mate....Thanks VAF;);););)

Great info - I'm in process of doing a detailed condition inspection / MLU on my -8A, and I am having trouble adjusting the mixture control. I can adjust it so, 1) the idle cutoff stop contacts; 2) the full rich stop contacts, or 3) neither stop contacts (about a 1/16th inch air gap on either side.) I cannot seem to get the full range stop to stop, although I was able to make the proper adjustments on the throttle cable. I noticed that the bolt connecting the rod end of the cable to the mixture arm was nowhere close to being "perpendicular" or inline with the holes in the mixture arm and the rod end - it's kinda "flopping around." The bolt is significantly smaller in diameter than the hole in the mixture arm. I thought that maybe the wrong arm or wrong rod end was installed by the OB, but now it seems (after reading this thread) that the mixture arm is missing the bushing.....

Anyway, is this possibly the reason why I cannot get the adjustment to work properly? Is there a proper technique to rigging the cables that I'm missing? On a related note: should there be castle nuts/cotter pins on the bolts connecting the rod ends to the mixture / throttle arms?