Vern

Well Known Member
The newspaper and local news here in Little Rock,Ark are reporting a missing RV-7 . A flight plan had been filed back to Georgetown. The local CAP is conducting searches. RV had stopped for fuel and the pilot had called his wife. We had severe thunderstorm warnings all across this area last evening.

I sure would like to know who they are looking for. I saw one of the three -7 drivers based on the field yesterday.

I sure would like to know who they are looking for. I saw one of the three -7 drivers based on the field yesterday.

I really don't think he is based there in GT... Never seen him before??? Maybe new. :confused:

Last edited:
What turmoil for his wife and family. Prayers go out for them and for a positive conclusion.

KBTX TV News report on Georgetown, TX pilot

This report has a video which shows an RV-7A which apparently is the subject airplane. The RV is red and gray with black and white striping. Also, his name is given as Charles Miller and the N-number is N474JM.

Hope he comes walking out of the woods. Concern for the anxious family is expressed by me.

Last edited:
No IFR flight plan filed and IFR/IMC conditions on that date/time, hope everything is well and this is just a case of a dead cell phone or something.

Mel is correct, it is indeed George Miller. He was friends with Phil & Ted of PlaneTalk at Lockhart and they were discussing it on Saturday.

No IFR flight plan filed and IFR/IMC conditions on that date/time, hope everything is well and this is just a case of a dead cell phone or something.

Marginal VFR, more like it. I flew through there at about 10AM on Saturday morning, it was scattered at about 1700' and broken about 2200', clear above. From high cruise I had about 10% ground visibility.

Well the search is over. The plane was found about 100 meters from the
El Dorado Airport as stated in the news. Prayers for the family.