AAflyer

Well Known Member
Has anyone else discovered that the QB wings come with only 4 access panels?
I did a VERY thorough inventory ( as I'm sure everyone did) , but I cannot find 2 of the 6 panels.:confused:

Has anyone else discovered that the QB wings come with only 4 access panels?
I did a VERY thorough inventory ( as I'm sure everyone did) , but I cannot find 2 of the 6 panels.:confused:

My kit came with 4 attached to the wings, and two unfinished ones with blue plastic coating for the (unattached) outboard panels. If you can't find them, call Vans. I'm sure they'll be happy to ship you a pair if they are truly missing. My kit was missing some odds and ends; they sent me the needed parts, no questions asked.

My kit came with 4 attached to the wings, and two unfinished ones with blue plastic coating for the (unattached) outboard panels.

Same here--received my QB8 kit November 2010.

Skyking902001
RV8 QB

Found the panels. .

Thanks guys,
Upon further review. . .there were two attached to the other wing, which was in the cradle, facing the wall. Sorry to gum up the forum with a stupid thread.
I'd like to pass on an example of Van great support, though. I received the following in my e-mail today:

Bruce,

I was surfing VAF today and noticed you post...
Your wing packing list shows that 2 of the W-822PP were included at the time of shipment. The other 4 are included on/with the QB Wings.

It has occurred from time to time that our Crating Dept. has errored in getting some of these aboard the shipment, so I will send you 2 more additional ones, no charge....
I'll assume that your current shipping info is still correct. E-mail me if it has changed.

Thanks

Joe Blank
Builder Support
Vans Aircraft Inc.

WOW! How 'bout that!:eek: