minute2

I am missing 4 AN3-11A bolts used for mounting the boarding step support block on my -8A. There were only 4 of these bolts in my fuselage kit and they were used on the seat ramp support to center section assembly. I have reviewed my hardware packing list, searched my remaining parts, searched on here to no avail. Before I call VANS Monday, am I missing something ? Anyone else missing these bolts on their -8A ?.

Thanks
Kerry

AN3-11

They cost 18 cents each at aircraft spruce. I wouldn't get too upset with Vans.

You might as well start your maintenance inventory. Order all the common AN3 bolts and miscellaneous screws from Spruce. Lots of #8 and #6 screws. You will need them. They are cheap.

Sigh...

Lets try this again. Does anyone who has built or is building a slow build -8A fuselage know anything about these bolts in the fuselage kit ? Should I have had 8 of these bolts in the hardware list or could they be tucked into another obscure part of the kit ?

Thanks
Kerry Stevens

Lets try this again. Does anyone who has built or is building a slow build -8A fuselage know anything about these bolts in the fuselage kit ? Should I have had 8 of these bolts in the hardware list or could they be tucked into another obscure part of the kit ?

Thanks
Kerry Stevens

During your inventory you would have come up short these eight bolts. So you have them somewhere......... just keep looking. This is also typical of quick build units also.

When I did inventory, I dumped like parts into a single labeled bin. When the bin was empty, I would place them on my next order. Don't expect to complete your project without ordering extra parts.

PS. Mine were in bag 927 (6A) along with all of the other rivets and nylon block. It is a separate step kit.