bkc3921

Well Known Member
Section 42, Page U-04..There are 2 support brackets (F00055L and R) for the back side of the Garmin radio tray. There are 3 holes to attach them to the panel base with LP4-3 rivets. The holes are equidistant at about 5/8 apart.

The F00055's I was sent have the 3 holes...but none of the holes are equidistant, and do not match the pre-punched holes in the panel base. They cannot by match drilled, as they would be too close to existing holes in the base.....in other words, it doesn't fit and there is no fix.

I'm hoping this is a one-off, and I will be calling Van's tomorrow for a replacement. Apparently just a punching error, but if you are in the avionics kit, you may want to check yours so you don't get delayed on your build. Just a heads-up...I hope I'm the only unlucky guy with this small issue.

Solved/Update

Called Van's about these parts...they were definitely mislabeled at the factory, and Van's said will check their inventory to insure this does not happen again. The new, correct parts are on the way. As usual, great customer service.