pierre smith

Well Known Member
A friend of mine, actually, two friends of mine, used the Italian gentleman, Mirco Pecorrari, to design their paint schemes. In this picture of Greg Connell's RV-10, with Ed Booth on his wing, was designed by Mirco. Through Skype, emails and phone calls, they arrived at this paint design. If you look carefully, you can see a palm tree on the far wing as well:

GreggandEd.jpg

When it's finalized, Mirco will send you a CD which the painter takes to a sign shop and prints all the masking to exactly match the design and applies it to the airplane.

He also designed Gary Ward's paint scheme on his MX-2 airshow airplane. Others include Nemesis and other famous airplanes and cars.

http://www.aircraftstudiodesign.com/new/eng/ps-testimonials.php

Best,

+1

The paint schemes he did are very impressive. It also include the Skip Stewart's plane.
I'm really thinking about making my 8 paint scheme with him, it's not really cheap but Wow... It worth it :D

Mirco is indeed a very talented designer. Gary Ward's airplane has my favorite airshow plane paint scheme. However Mirco is very very expensive, especially when you take the Euro exchange rate into account. Another less expensive alternative but equally talented is the team at Scheme Designers. I cannot say enough great things about them. They were able to pull my own ideas out of my head I didn't even know I had. The end result was a dream come true. They are very capable and a sincere pleasure to work with. Their signature swoops are very popular, but they are also capable of doing very different things. It is some of the best money I have spent on my airplane!

Jerry
RV-8 N84JE

A friend of mine, actually, two friends of mine, used the Italian gentleman, Mirco Pecorrari, to design their paint schemes. In this picture of Greg Connell's RV-10, with Ed Booth on his wing, was designed by Mirco. Through Skype, emails and phone calls, they arrived at this paint design. If you look carefully, you can see a palm tree on the far wing as well:
When it's finalized, Mirco will send you a CD which the painter takes to a sign shop and prints all the masking to exactly match the design and applies it to the airplane.

He also designed Gary Ward's paint scheme on his MX-2 airshow airplane. Others include Nemesis and other famous airplanes and cars.

http://www.aircraftstudiodesign.com/new/eng/ps-testimonials.php

Best,

Based on the paint scheme, I'd guess Mr. Connell is from South Carolina.;)

Another paint scheme designer

My daughter is also an accomplished paint scheme designer and is available for hire if interested. Here is a sample of her work:

Lexi1.gif

Lexi2.gif

:)

Another Example of Mirco's Design

I am very pleased with his approach and his design work.
2011-05-23_11-46-19_510-1.jpg

Last edited:
Mirco is very talented, and does a lot more than just paint schemes.

Unfortunately he gets ripped off a lot. This is one of the better known examples, a fantasy "GeeBee R3" giant scale RC kitted in Europe.

bex9iq.jpg

Anyway, please remember there's a difference between looking at a pro's work as inspiration for your own fresh design, and "borrowing" a design.

BTW, I'm pretty sure a friend bought the rights to build a full size R3.

Last edited:
Mirco is a personal friend of mine. His artistic and design work goes beyond aircraft paint design. you can see him in museums, art galleries, Remote Control Hobby stores, Aircraft desigs and paint designs...He is currently working on a personal design for my upcoming Ducati 1199S and I cant wait to see what he comes out with....

Not for everyone thats for sure. but if you want a M.Percorari, you can only get it from him. all others are just imitations...

I just sent this post to Mirco by Skype ...he said he should be joining us soon....be nice! he is one crazy and the nicest italian ever!

Price?

anyone willing to share the cost of a Mirco design?
As well as the subsequent cost to have your airplane painted?
Just curious.
My guess is about a $1000.- for the design work....

More..

Just curious.

Try $3500-$4,000 plus. However, Mirco scales your design on his computer and sends multiple files to your painter. Then, a sign maker prints all the mask, with adhesive under wax paper on the other side and it's simply peeled off and laid on the airplane....very time-saving. The hours and hours of laying a design out and then using masking tape and brown paper, can be very tedious and costly....this from Greg Connell, a few minutes ago.

Best,

So, are these paint designs copyrighted?

Seems to me that once the design is presented on-line or the finished plane is shown in public, anyone could copy the design. A customer ought to expect that.

Dave
P.S. So far, Stein's Clown Car is my favorite, hand's down. These swoopy swirls are so 2005-ish.

So, are these paint designs copyrighted?
Yea, by Scheme Designers. I'm not saying they did anything wrong, just buyer beware. In my case, they sold my design to another RV guy and he got his airplane painted BEFORE I even finished mine. I found out about it looking at Grady's pictures and lo and behold, there was my design, in my colors, on another RV-6. This, after I paid $750 for it so yea, I was pretty torqued about it.

Copying it once you have yours done, I get that. There are currently 1 RV-12, 2 RV-6/7, and one RV-4 using my exact scheme and colors from my Rocket. I've even started collecting pictures of them.

Just curious.

They gave me a generalized quote of 2000 euro a year ago. That's about $2600.

Last edited:
They gave me a generalized quote of 2000 euro a year ago. That's about $2600.

ABOUT RIGHT...Mirco will present you with so many choices after you and him conference by Skype and he usderstands what you want....all the designs (existing and new) are all his and until you choose one. there are some small print in his contract preventing you to share with othes....The rest is well explained by Pierre...A Mirco Percorari design is unique to you...all others are just copies.IMHO!

Mirco will be at Sun and Fun...you can't miss him. He hangs around the IAC crowd and he is a Hoot to be around...

visit www.aircraftstudiodesign.com for additional information about him, his company, etc.......