Found it

I found it. In case anyone else wondered, Akzo-Nobel recommends spraying 463-12-8 (The green stuff $pruce sells, used by Boeing.):

59F - 95F (15C - 35C)
Relative humidity at 35% - 75%

Humidity

vmirv8bldr said:
I found it. In case anyone else wondered, Akzo-Nobel recommends spraying 463-12-8 (The green stuff $pruce sells, used by Boeing.):

59F - 95F (15C - 35C)
Relative humidity at 35% - 75%

Bart... I think the 75% max humidity is probably fairly critical.... the stuff does seem to absorb moisture when it's wet.

When I lived in Los Angeles (a mile from the Pacific), the only time I had trouble was near sunset when the temps went down and the humidity up (fog almost rolling in..). Some times I got patches were moisture prevented adhesion...

gil in Tucson ......
Most of the time we are under the 35% humidity... :)
Presently 81F and 24% humidity

I spray it outside in the cold and then bring the parts in to my basement for drying. seems to work fine and I can't smell anything upstairs.

I'm not recommending it but I have shot AKZO in the middle of winter here in CO. Sometimes in the 30s but really low humidity. Prepped all the parts in the warmth of my (walkout) basement, carried the parts outside on cardboard, shot the primer and carried back inside. Primer stuck fine.

The humidity not allow it to stick could be due to condenstion on the part once it was carried outside (slight condensation). Aluminum tends to pick up condensation very quickly if conditions are right.

Condensation

I believe condensation is mostly a concern when going from a relatively cooler environment to a warmer, humid environment. Like out of an AC'd shop into a balmy 85 degree day with 80% RH. Water will condense quickly. Going from a 70 degree 45% humidity environment to a 50 degree 40% humidity environment shouldn't be a problem.

FWIW, I shot the parts on Wednesday, 24 Oct. It was 54 degrees, Don't know the RH. Stuck just fine. I should have a completed wing in less than a week.