chris, my thought is find the location that works best for you and your cockpit and then get a mount to finish it off. good luck.

Thanks Ed. I can?t get access to my 3 at the moment so I was hoping someone had done this before. There isn?t a great deal of space so a knee board may have to be the solution.

Im in the process of rebuilding a Rv3 to Rv3a, Im mounting ipad under the Dynon D-180 with a ram mount, also integrating a Dc connection for charging.

2uzxlq8.jpg

Mine is on a Ram ball mount to the right of the comm in the picture posted above. Not an iPad, but a ifly about the same size. Works well in that position for me in my-3.

Thanks for the suggestions. I don't have a lot of real estate left:

2unx5dl.jpg

The EFIS is a mockup by the way, it hides the magnetic compass which I will move to the left.

I remember reading about someone who made a slide-out drawer under the panel for his tablet.

No photos, sorry.

Dave

Mine is on a Ram ball mount to the right of the comm in the picture posted above. Not an iPad, but a ifly about the same size. Works well in that position for me in my-3.

Second for Ram ball mount. Mine is in a biplane but the panel is about the same size. Ball can be off to the side and using a long mount will place the I Pad where you want. I mounted my ball with a couple of #10 Rivnuts.

Id mount it in front of a vent to cool it off. When the Ipads (all of them) heat up they can tend to be hard to see, even with the brightness turned up completely.