jferraro17

Opulence, I has it...
I dis-assembled my fuse today to begin the deburring and dimpling. I have a question regarding the overlap of the 827-1/826-1/890-1 and 804 center section flanges...

I thought the 827/826 assembly sandwhiched between the 804 flanges and the forward floor (890). But the instructions are saying to machine countersink the 890 which will accept dimples of the 826/827...implying that they will not be between the flange and the 890. This then would leave an exposed edge facing forward, into the airflow.

Then I remembered there is still another lower skin on the forward fuse (no part number handy), below the floor, that would cover this exposed edge, and also seat into those 826/827 dimples...at least the forward row.

So, now I'm totally confused and discombobulated. I wanted to check with y'all before I countersink or dimple something in error. I think I'm getting this correct from the plans, but for my own sanity, please confirm this sequence...from bottom up (out to in) if the fuse was finished and standing upright:

outer skin (dimpled)
826/827 (dimpled)
890 (c-sunk)
804 flanges (possibly partially c-sunk)

Thanks!

Joe:confused::eek:

Bottom Skin Overlaps

My DWG 67 (Fwd Fuselage Side Skins and Structure) has a Detail B that shows a side view of the skins...look for your equivalent DWG 67A for the 8A.

Instructions (this is from the 8A section; mine was the same):
"NOTE: The F-890-1 Fwd Floor Panel is sandwiched between the fwd and aft bottom flanges of the F-804 Center Section Assembly and the F-826-1 and F-827-1 Center Bottom Skins (See "Detail B", DWG 67A).

From bottom to top at the fwd flange of your center section:
F-850-1 (Fwd bottom skin)
F-826-1 (Center bottom skin)
F-822-1 (RV8 Fwd floor panel or F-890-1 RV8A Fwd floor panel)
F-804A-2 (Center section fwd bulkhead)

F-822-1 or F-890-1 Fwd floor panel gets machine c'sinks; outer skins get dimples. See page 8-29 in the instructions (dated 4/26/07)

Good luck,
Mike

Mike-

You're the man! That's how I was reading it off the plans, but I couldn't find it in the instructions. Thanks for pointing me towards it.

It was just one of those things, when after staring, thinking and having a pre-conceived idea, I just couldn't get it straight enough in my head without asking somebody. Looks like my order is the same as yours!

Thanks!

Joe