Berchmans

Well Known Member
I am at the point of assembling the fuselage and making the attachment of the mid cabin brace to the center section. The drawings show a AN 4 bolt being installed the where the mid cabin brace attaches to the spar. The pre-existing hole where the bolt is to be installed will need to be drilled out significantly for a AN 4 bolt. I was wondering if the bolt should infact be an AN 4 or other...any input would be appreciated. Naturaly I don't want to go and drill something if it migh compromise the spar strength. The instructions are silent on enlarging these holes for the brace...

Yes, it is an AN-4

I just went out and looked at my RV-8 QB fuselage, and it definitely has an AN-4 bolt there. Let me know if you would like to see a picture to verify.

AN 4 bolt

Thanks John,
It's a lot easier to drill than undrill a hole, my project is slow build all the way...

By chance any slow builder can confirm we need to drill it to next size up? I am stuck at this step as well, just don't want to drill the spar and the manual doesn't mention drilling it to allow an AN4 bolt.

Many thanks!
Hank

Should have a callout on the plans though.
I would check there first before I drill.