Dmadd

Well Known Member
Need a point out here,
Saw a guy who had a leather mic cover on his David Clark headset.( mine is stock black sponge type foam) Said since the hole is only on the mouth side and the dense leather covered the rest of the (electret) mic, it transmitted less noise from the A/C over the radio.
I've been thinking about the idea, and like it. Question is, where do you buy them? Is this ringing a bell with anyone?
TIA
Dennis
RV-4
built by another, rebuilt by me.

thanks!

Wow, that was quick! Could not have dialed a phone that fast! ;-)
Thanks for the (almost immediate) answer!
Dennis

Need a point out here,
Saw a guy who had a leather mic cover on his David Clark headset.( mine is stock black sponge type foam) Said since the hole is only on the mouth side and the dense leather covered the rest of the (electret) mic, it transmitted less noise from the A/C over the radio.
I've been thinking about the idea, and like it. Question is, where do you buy them? Is this ringing a bell with anyone?
TIA
Dennis
RV-4
built by another, rebuilt by me.

I used the Oregon Aero leather muff for several years, it had holes on both sides of the muff. This is necessary for the noise cancelling to work properly with the electret mic that is on most modern headsets. If you block the forward-facing port of the mic, cabin noise will actually be worse. The electret mics are "directional", the noise-cancelling port must face forward for the mic to be most effective.

If a David Clark has an old dynamic mic, then a single-hole muff would be fine.