Jesse

Well Known Member
I will be spending next week (starting June 12) in the Manistee/Ludington, MI area, and the following in the Rhinelander, WI to Watersmeet, MI area. If I get bored out of my mind, any projects in the area could use a hand?

Jesse, I'm from Wisconsin. There's a million lakes up there between Rhinelander and Eagle River. If you like water skiing, swimming or fishing, you'll be in hogg heaven. Very pretty area in the summer time although June can be iffy, since its so far north. (My Uncle used to get 8 feet of snow in the winter in Eagle River) Take your fishing rod and water skis. Rent a boat.;)

Last edited:
My ma has a beach cottage in Whitehall. She could use a new set of stairs. I'm told her last set is a half mile downshore. There's a buried sailboat there too, if you want to treasure hunt.

I'm talking RV-related, mostly.

Ya Ya - Don't be sucked in by those water activities, the Wisconsiners are a hearty bunch - they water ski when the ice is thin enough to put the boat in. Some use wetsuits, some don't :eek:

Good time for Northern though!

I'll swing for the fences!

OK Jesse. Since nobody else will bite on free labor, I'll take a swing at your "in the area" comment. Since Indiana borders Michigan and its on the way from FL, anything is possible. With an RV, everything is nearby, right? Only 1.5hrs from KMBL to KLAF ;-) I'd be happy to host you overnight, and an extra donation to DR would be my pleasure.

Any chance you could make it, I should be ready with the fuselage side skins for the -10 that would be calling your name!

Send me a PM if interested.

Likewise...

Jesse,
I'm at Aero Estates (LL10) in Naperville, just west of Chicago. You're welcome to use the spare room on your way up North. I could use some of your wisdom in figuring out the baffles on my -10. :)

hi jesse,
i live just west of minocqua, wi. have read your posts and i would enjoy meeting you and taking you to lunch. lakeland airport is in minocqua, about 10 air minutes from e. river.i would drive so we can hit a restaurant. it would be my pleasure.
i am hangared iat price county airport.