mosquito

Well Known Member
Hi everyone,

I've added an MGL Xtreme to my -6, which I'm really enjoying so far. Now I want to drive my KT76A's mode C from the Xtreme, and remove the ACK-350 from the aircraft. I've ordered MGL's CNV-AT from Spruce to convert the Xtreme's serial into Gray code, but it's backordered, and I'm impatient... I'm curious if anyone can think of a reason the Dynon serial to parallel converter wouldn't work? I prefer it's form factor, it's $10 cheaper, and it's (probably) easier to get ahold of sooner. I found an old thread regarding using the Dynon with GRT gear, and it seems GRT had to modify their output a bit. The Xtreme lists 6 serial altitude output settings, does anyone know if one of them is what the Dynon wants to see?

Thanks!

-jon

I was told by MGL that the Dynon converter is not compatible with their EFIS.

Or another way to skin that cat, get rid of that old KT76 and get a Trig mode S, then you won't need a converter :D

Thanks!

I was told by MGL that the Dynon converter is not compatible with their EFIS.

Thanks Mel, glad I asked. I don't understand why... but I guess it doesn't matter.

Or another way to skin that cat, get rid of that old KT76 and get a Trig mode S, then you won't need a converter :D

Will go down that road at some point I'm sure...