Flying Canuck

Well Known Member
Patron
Rainier, or anyone else who knows, any idea what the wait time for a V16 at the moment? I'm about to order a V16/N16/Razor combo from mglavionicsusa.com and they show the V16 as available to backorder.

My IFR upgrade is partially funded, so I'll be adding the above gear along with a PMA8000B audio panel and getting ready to install a GPS175 in the spring.

If anyone has any clever ideas on where to place the V16/N16 in a 9A tip up that's getting crowded aft of the sub panel, I'm all ears. I could put them under my front access panels, in the space above my VPX, but that's not ideal. They'
re thin, so maybe a rail under my subpanel ribs.

Last edited:
I put mine under the floor board in my RV-4. I’m sure raniers will chime in but I would guess it’s up to the South African government, they are pretty tightly locked down there.

That's a shame. I placed my order this morning, ACS didn't show it to be too long of a wait, just a couple of weeks. Hope for similar from mglavionicsusa.com

V16 / Razor availability

I ordered a V16 radio with Razor head on September 2nd from ACS. It just shipped today (Nov. 4). The delay was waiting for ACS to get the Razor head in stock.