Larry DeCamp

Well Known Member
Friend
:confused:I replaced the Vas tachometer with MGL to get distal resolution in 2 1/4" instrument. Not working and MGL not responding yet. Vans signal is 12v MGL puts out 5v to signal generator. So is MGL looking for 5 volt chopped signal from the sensor unit ? Brad at emag says I use the 12v Pmag signal or drop 5v but I don't know what MGL is looking for.

Not sure which MGL system or RDAC you're using but you should have a very adjustable tach input. Look on the MGL site for the install manual, it will tell you how to set the DIP switches and input pot. I'm unfortunately running dual Pmags and both are connected to the tach 1 & tach 2 inputs on my MGL RDAC, iEFIS. It works just fine.

Thanks FasGlas

I have several MGL steam gauges and the tach is RV-1. Pretty simple but not responding to vans 12v sender. Did you use Brads dropping resistors on Pmags to feed the Eifis .

I have several MGL steam gauges and the tach is RV-1. Pretty simple but not responding to vans 12v sender. Did you use Brads dropping resistors on Pmags to feed the Eifis .

Nope, I just connected the Pmag tach output to the RDAC tach input and set the input voltage pot & DIP. Works fine, left and right.