Lionclaw

Well Known Member
Does anyone have pics of an Odyssey install from behind the panel? I'd like to use the stock panel blank, and I realize it will be a tight fit. I'd like to see what modifications others have done to make it fit.

Thanks!

On my RV6 I moved the instrument panel rib over to the right. I used the over sized instrument panel purchased from Vans. I believe the panel extends 1 1/2 inches lower than the stock panel.
Andy, Just saw that your 9A is a slider. Moving the rib is for the tip up.
006jjg.jpg

005stx.jpg

008naw.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks for the pictures. I'd really like to have the Odyssey, but may settle for the Voyager. It doesn't look like moving the support rib will be a huge deal. I could just chop it off at the sub panel and graft it on somewhere else.

panel extension.

I have an Odyssey installed on the pilot side. Using the affordable panels modular panel with the bottom extension there is adequate room and no ribs needed to be moved or trimmed on my 7 slider.

Joe, how tall is your extension on the bottom of your panel? I need to do the same thing on my panel and I'm trying to find a good size for it. Looks around 2 inches?

Also it looks like you may be using the ExpBus II? I'm trying to add enough extension to fit one of those in (but I don't have the ExpBus yet, so it's hard to measure it all out.. :) ..

Chris.

Yup

Joe, how tall is your extension on the bottom of your panel? I need to do the same thing on my panel and I'm trying to find a good size for it. Looks around 2 inches?

Also it looks like you may be using the ExpBus II? I'm trying to add enough extension to fit one of those in (but I don't have the ExpBus yet, so it's hard to measure it all out.. :) ..

Chris.

The extension is 2 inches. Yes I use an EXPBUS. I mounted it in up in the forward deck with an access panel from the outside. If I had to do it over, I would have put it nearer the panel (lots of wire running there).

JP