Rainier Lamers

Well Known Member
www.MGLAvionics.co.za/RDACXF.html

The long running RDAC XB, XD and XE have been replaced with the new RDAC XF.

RDAC XF is fully backwards compatible with our existing EFIS systems and connect to the "RDAC" terminals at the back of the panels as usual.
The RDAC XF is currently the only RDAC that is compatible with the iEFIS and it uses the CAN interface to communicate with the iEFIS.
Further to this, the XF provides a RS232 port for use by third parties and OEMs. Protocol for this will be made available in due course. CAN protocol will also be public.

The RDAC XF is provided in a robust cast aluminium body with simple flange mounts to a fire wall or bulkhead. We have continued the use of our well proven, German made, vibration proof moving cage wire terminals that make installations and sensor fault finding so easy.

The new RDAC provides:
12 thermocouple inputs, Oil presssure, Fuel pressure, Oil temperature, Coolant temperature, two Auxiliary channels (usualy used for Rotax CHT), current sensor, two fuel levels, two fuel flows and two RPM inputs (also suitable for turbines).

iEFIS can connect to up to 4 RDAC XF units for multi engined applications or unusual monitoring requirements. Standard EFIS systems can use two RDACs. XTreme EFIS and EMS can use a single RDAC.

Rainier
CEO MGL Avionics

Nice

I am saving money now for this, I really like the idea of keeping the probes, etc under cowl and just running the com into the cockpit. This is good news for me. BTW, I have the Van's capacitance plates in my fuel tanks, so, is there a way to use these with MGL? I have been wondering about that detail. Info would be great. Thanks.

bird

Aparently there is a kit or device around that is used to connect these to our systems but I am not sure of the details. Perhaps some of the forum members know more - I know some of our customers here import this from Vans I think.

I am not sure if we will start producing a capacitance converter ourselves - one of the main reasons is that it looks very much like avgas may be a thing of the past soon (at least here) and capacitance probes simply do not work with mogas as the fuel composition changes all the time (This causes the dialectric constant of the fuel to change by a huge amount and thus the level reading of the tank).

Rainier

I am saving money now for this, I really like the idea of keeping the probes, etc under cowl and just running the com into the cockpit. This is good news for me. BTW, I have the Van's capacitance plates in my fuel tanks, so, is there a way to use these with MGL? I have been wondering about that detail. Info would be great. Thanks.

bird