Rainier Lamers

Well Known Member
SideSmall.jpg

AvioGuard is an isolated, fault protected DC/DC step up and step down converter.

It is primarily intended to provide a high quality DC power supply for avionics (EFIS systems, radios etc).
It accepts any input voltage from 8V to 36V DC and provides a clean DC 13.8V ouput. It provides proper undervoltage lockout, protecting connected equipment from the effects of "brown out".

AvioGuard also provides extremely simple and effective battery backup to avionics.

AvioGuard is a fully galvanically isolated implementation and that makes it very special. In effect it converts the input power (which my be "dirty" and of bad quality) to a magnetic field and that field is then converted to a nice and clean, precision regulated DC output voltage of 13.8V.
This helps to completely elliminate the potential hazzards a ground fault can have on your avionics, cuts ground loops and it keeps away anything bad happening on your power supply. This is not just a filter, it completely recreates the electrical power supply. Nothing nasty can make it through.

AvioGuard gives you 6A continuous current with a 8A peak. It can go up to 10A for short amounts of time if needed (up to a minute typically - thermal shutdown will protect it from overheating).

More information in the manual:

http://www.MGLAvionics.co.za/Docs/AvioGuard.pdf

Rainier
CEO MGL Avionics

Avioguard for e-bus diode

Hi, I'm using aeroelectric connection electrical diagram Z19 for my electrical system. Assuming I'm able to keep the e-bus loads around 6 amps or less could I use an mgl avioguard instead of a diode to power the e-bus from the main bus under normal conditions?

Electrical demand on my e-bus is currently pretty low as fuel pumps + ignition and other high draw items are already on 2 separate battery busses, leading to low power requirements for the e-bus

What does everyone think about it,

Recflightdriver