LouNathanson

I'm New Here
I'm considering replacing my backup electro-mechanical horizon with a solid state horizon. There's no panel space to accommodate the overlapping bezel of a Dynon D6, so I'm considering an MGL AV-2 with the SP-4 AHRS sensor.

I'm wondering if anyone has used the MGL artificial horizon setup and has any feedback on its functionality and/or reliability.

That's what I put in my -7; it is a great little unit. I flew the plane for the first time today and AHRS works great and the folks at MGL are top notch when it comes to support.

PM if you have any additional questions or would like pictures of the installation.

Have a great day,
Brent

That's what I put in my -7; it is a great little unit. I flew the plane for the first time today and AHRS works great and the folks at MGL are top notch when it comes to support.

PM if you have any additional questions or would like pictures of the installation.

Have a great day,
Brent

How is the display. Does it update fast, and how is the readability in sunlight?

It updates fast. I believe it will be good in the sunlight when it decides to shine again here in Idaho.

Have a great day,
Brent