GEM930

Well Known Member
Friend
I have been looking (without much success) for an affordable option for a metal polished spinner for my Hartzell c/s propeller. I found a 14" two piece metal spinner off a Seneca in good shape for $250 snd bought it. The back plate fits my Hartzel c/s, and even though it is 14" instead of 13" it looks pretty good on my rv6a cowl and does not overlap the top, sides or bottom. The problem is this spinner is set up for a feathering propeller which is going to make a front bulkhead a challenge. I was considering purchasing a Van's front bulkhead for the Hartzell and moving it out (forward) with spacers until it contacts the sides of the larger spinner. Then applying proseal to bond the two pieces and centering the spinner while the proseal was still wet. I realize I would need to open up the front of the spinner (under the cap)) to have access to the bolt heads for removal. This would also make safety wiring these bolts impossible. Another option might be to have an adapter made on a lathe that would bolt to the four bolts on the front of the hub and then have a threaded shaft that's would allow the front of the spinner to be secured like if normally would be on a feathering propeller. My concern with this method would be weight and there would be no way to center the spinner. If everything was machined perfect, it should be centered, but it seems like there would be lots of places for error. Anyone have any other ideas???... Other then I just bought $250 hangar art!

At the point in my engine install where I need to address this issue???? Any ideas??? Also my prop hub bolts are not long enough to catch the back plate and still have treads past the nyloc nut. Are these special bolts or just standard an hardware. If special, where is the best place to source them?
Thx!