southtarnation

Well Known Member
A motor with unknown history was installed on a rv with a new top end only. A new oil cooler was used. The motor ran for 60 seconds and shut off when a vibration was noted. Motor was removed and overhauled completely and reinstalled.

Question: what is the procedure for the oil cooler? It was brand new but on the motor when metal was being made. Can it be flushed? Should it be replaced?

Thank you for any tips my search turned up little or too many posts from the archive.

I'd send it to an oil cooler service for a flush job. Being new, it shouldn't be crusty inside and should flush clean. Otherwise those shavings of old engine will wind up in your new engine.

I've used cooler services like Pacific Coolers for 30 plus years. Never had a problem with a flushed cooler on many rebuilt twins etc. Well accepted practice for many years.

I've used cooler services like Pacific Coolers for 30 plus years. Never had a problem with a flushed cooler on many rebuilt twins etc. Well accepted practice for many years.

+1.
Another vote for sending it off to Pacific Oil Cooler Service.

Called Wayne at Pacific Coast and sounds like a good deal but more importantly thorough servicing. Thanks for the tips!:)