lucaperazzolli

Well Known Member
On April 26 driving from Cocoa Beach to Miami I got the chance to meet some VAF friends.

It’s always a special moment to meet guys from the other side of the Pond; coming from Italy with Experimental aircraft and RVs passion in mind it’s a joy to see how things could be easy …..and cheap.

My call from a VAF thread had some answers so I stopped in Vero Beach to meet Dick, Pat and Tom. They have close hangars in what is for me a planes paradise but quite standard in Usa.

Dick built an impressive 8, Pat built a 6 as repeat offender and produces the trim/flap board that I’ve wired almost ten times :), Tom won the Kit Champion - Bronze Lindy in Oshkosh 2018 with his gorgeous RV-7. I saw Kenny's RV-10, Kenny is another friend that missed our meeting.

After the visit I pointed to Palm City to meet Lenny, he built a beautiful 10 with a lot of customized items and has another project in his great hangar in a private airpark.

Turbo should be with us in Palm City but time and organization didn’t match.

I saw an incredible level of quality homebuilders and speaking with them was a joy and a great opportunity, thanks a lot guys for your hospitality hope to see you soon.

Luke

ps: unfortunately my VAF hat was missed into the car @ Munich airport parking :rolleyes:

mepatdisk.jpg

patplane.jpg

dickplane.jpg

tomplane.jpg

lerryplane.jpg

lenny.jpg

Turbo missed the meet but, to celebrate him, I found an old photo from Oshkosh 2013 :)

turbo.jpg

Last edited:
luke, glad you got lots of rv fun here in florida. great pic brought back some fun memories of OSH. thanks. turbo out. ;)

Hey Luke,

It was a pleasure meeting you and your family!
I read your groundloop rebuild article in Kitplanes, it was awesome. Keep 'em coming!

Lenny