Oklahoma

I'm New Here
Richard Van Grunsven will be attending the Wiley Post Spirit Awards and you have the opportunity to meet him. The Wiley Post Spirit Award banquet will be held in Oklahoma City on January 26, 2007.

Johanson, a nurse and midwife from Australia, is the first international award recipient and has set many records in his Van?s RV-4.

His many accomplishments include being the first person to fly solo over the South Pole in a single engine aircraft and the first person to circumnavigate the world solo three times in a home-built aircraft. Johanson also holds multiple world speed records.When Johanson set his mind on long distance flying, he realized the limitations of his airplane and made the necessary modifications to accomplish his goals. Although many critics including aeronautical engineers told him it would be impossible, Johanson has gone on to set multiple world records.

Among the attendants at this year?s awards banquet will be aviation enthusiasts, past award recipients and Winnie Mae?s granddaughter.

Tickets to the event can be purchased by contacting the Wiley Post Commission at (405) 789-0005 or www.wileypost.org.

Nominations for next year?s Wiley Post Spirit Award and Pearl Cater-Scott Aviation Scholarship can be made by contacting the Wiley Post Commission.

The meeting and dinner was Friday and Friday night. I received the notice in the mail Saturday. :(
How timely!!!!!
Someone sure screwed up.

Late notice!

orchidman said:
The meeting and dinner was Friday and Friday night. I received the notice in the mail Saturday. :(
How timely!!!!!QUOTE]

I received the notice the morning of the event and would have had to drive 140 miles, but I can't use that for an excuse as I saw the O.P.'s message here in time. I couldn't attend anyway as I had a previous committment. I sure would've like to have gone.