rjcthree

Well Known Member
If it's possible, I need a quick measurement. Basically, wings need to be bolted in, and side covers (vertical covers for the F-904 uprights, blind riveted) need to be in place. A finished airplane works.

I need the dimension of the lower point of the side cover the part that angles down) to the top of the wing spar. It should be in the neighborhood of 5/16".

It's my hope I can armor the pitot/static lines (using air brake synflex for pitot static aoa lines) and run up that section in to the panel. It would clean up my wiring install immensely.

Thanks in advance, Rick 90432

I'm not at a point that I can provide a measurement, but I'm very interested in some pictures of what it is you are trying to do. Sounds interesting and I'm getting to the point of running my pitot lines.

I don't have a real number but, the gap is so narrow I could NOT put a short length of of black flex tube over the wires running up to the panel eyeball lights mounted on the F904s. (Less than 1/4" gap?)

You could maybe slot the bottom of the 904s to allow wires/tubes to pass underneath. The front of the seat bottom will hide the modification.

Steve

Maybe I need to clarify . . .

All, the dimension I need is between the wing spar in between the fuse spar boxrails, and the side covers, interior. The dimension on my 9a QB, with side covers blind riveted, from the cover to the center spar box(not the wing spar) is a few thou short of 1/4". The dimension, measuring parts - not the assembly - is 5/16" , to the wing spar itself. Running 1/4 air brake tubing from the safeair kit (and work ;)) is how it looks I will run my pitot/static/AoA tubes, up inside the cover and forward to the paned (dynon D180 centered on pilot position).

I just realized it will vary since position of the side covers varies - it's not a pre-punched part! So maybe Steve's is tighter than mine. Sooooo, I think I'm going to go for it, and backup plan is to relieve the side covers if I have to. I may run the shielded RG58 the same way for the transponder and Com down the other side. Hmmmmm.

Rick 90432