flydjd

Well Known Member
Hi,

I have just tried to order some items from McMaster-Carr for delivery to Europe but they say that due to US export problems they no longer export to private individuals outside the US.

Does anyone know of anyone else in the US who sells the same type of things as McMaster-Carr, in particular drill bushings (yes I know some people use the insides of Biro's :eek: ) and individual taper and plug Taps.

Thanks in advance,

David

Supplies

You may try MSC Industrial Supply Co. I have had very good luck (and service) with them.

Good luck,
David Clay

Heck just buy them and have them sent to me. I'll post them to you as 'gifts'. Seriously - PM me if you want.

You might want to watch out - my sister gets to re-send a lot of stuff to me, and she's really getting tired of it. :) I was quite disappointed that McMaster-Carr stopped shipping international. I can understand wanting to charge more money for the hassle, but just refusing to ship seems a bit brutal.

Oh well, looks like my sister will be earning a much larger Christmas gift this year!

Exports !

Thanks for the replies Guys !

MSC Industrial will only accept a minimum order of $200 :eek:

Matt thanks for the offer... :) I will send you a PM over the weekend
(This PM stuff will be another 1st for me in the continuing RV building saga - I may also be a computer whizz by the time I finish building :D

( Mickey all I need to do now is get MY sister to move from Jersey (Channel Islands) to New Jersey ;) )

Have a good weekend building :p

Or you could just start a small one-man aircraft manufacturing company and see if McMaster-Carr will do business with "David's Aircraft Money Pit GmbH" :)

I am an Engineer for a Machine Design/Tool and Die company and we buy most of our drill bushings from Carr Lane. They are cheap and delivery is usually pretty quick. Plus, they can stock all sorts of drill bushings and can custom make anything that you want. Go here for their website and catalog http://www.carrlane.com/ . I have no idea if they ship out of the country or not, but I would think that they would.

ITAR Fear

We were working a joint spacecraft project with the French and they were having trouble with a Canadian star tracker that was identical to the ones we were using on Genesis. They asked for help but we were forbiden to even supply performance data until NASA HQ filed the appropriate paperwork with the State Department. Some companies have received catastrophic fines and many are running very scared. The $200 minimum order doesn't sound too bad really.

Bob Axsom