the_other_dougreeves

Well Known Member
There's a thread going on in the RV-4 forum about passenger weight and GC. This leads me to ask, what's the maximum safe weight per seat for side-by-side and tandem versions? I suspect that it's W&B driven for tandems. I also suspect that you would want to have a limitation of no acro with a heavy pax to prevent damage to or failure of the seat ribs.

Van years ago (dating me) said on the six it was 250lbs. max. I use my seat belts as the go no go gage. If the seat belt won't fit around the pass they can't go. Buy the way the belts are not real long and the 250 lbs. comes out real close. Its a lot easier to tell them the belts don't fit and I'll have to fix that than to tell them "you just too big." I can tell even on taxi when I have a heavy in the pass side. The landing shows too, you can forget about the float.....
Shine'r (Sunny, Warm, Dry, Pittsburgh, PA.)

My only limitation is what can be stuffed and shoe horned into the seat. Easier to do in the 8.
Ive had 280 in my 6, and 320 :eek: in my 8. Sticks must come out for the porkers.
220 limit on the 4 for me due to poor handling.

Best,