Peter.Fruehling

Well Known Member
Hey I just wanted to see who was planning on attending the workshop at Mattituck on November 5th? I have reserved a spot with Mahlon, booked my flights and set up the hotel!

Unfornately I'll be driving from Newark Airport as it is the only place I could fly in to from Minneapolis with the flights available on NWA. ...wish the -7 was done but then I wouldn't need to go to the workshop now would I! :D

- Peter Fruehling

PS - Our Arrow II is just too slow for that distance...

workshop

Think I'll go, but a little early to schedule.

I have one of theit XP's due in next week, so it should be beneficial.

Hwood

Bob Collins said:
Ummm...what workshop?

Bob, you are kidding... right!

:D

Guess not, if you posted that question.

:)

Several times a year, Mattituck puts on an engine building workshop at their Long Island, NY facility. I went to one in January and lemme tells ya... there is LOTSA FOOD!

hahahaha, that is reason enough for me to go! Besides that fact, the workshop is tremendously helpful for we ArrVee builders learning about the in's and out's of the Lycosaurus! I plan on going at least once again before I lays my monies down. It is a GREAT take!

You should go!

The info was posted on the VAF front page for some time. Mebbe it is still there? If not, send Mahlon at Mattituck an email. I am sure he will check in here. He always does.

:cool: CJ

Yah, it is still there. Here is the cut and pasted 411 for ya anyways:

Engine Assembly Workshop 11-5-2005
...from a post in the forums by Mahlon Russell at Mattituck.com
photo courtesy www.mattituck.comSometime ago, You requested to be keep informed about a proposed Engine Assembly Workshop to be held at our facility on Mattituck Airport (21N) sometime this fall. We have confirmed that the workshop will take place on Saturday, November 5th. You requested to be kept informed of the date, so you could make plans to attend.

The agenda will be:

Plans would be to start the day of at 8:00 AM with a short coffee, donut, pastry type breakfast with informal registration and introductions. At 8:30 or so, we would start the class and continue until lunch time when we will break for a sandwich, soda, chips type lunch. After lunch we would continue the class until approximately 3:30 PM. After 3:30 there will be an optional tour of the facility and antique car museum that is located at our airport. Also, if time permits we will run a TMX 360 in one of our test cells.

Breakfast, lunch and any thing you need to participate will be supplied by Teledyne Mattituck Services. All you need do, is let us know ahead of time, that you are planning to attend and show up to enjoy the class and tours. There will be no charge for any of the activities or classes. At anytime during the day, we will be available to informally discuss any engine related procedures, issues or troubleshooting techniques that you may have questions about, in addition to the formal engine assembly workshop which will incorporate the actual assembly of a four cylinder TMX O-360. During the workshop, we will be pointing out all of the benefits we incorporate into our engines, as well as, everything you need to know about prepping an engine for assembly and assembling a four cylinder Lycoming engine correctly.

If your plans are such that you might want to stay overnight, either before or after the workshop we would be happy to supply you with local motel information and provide transportation to and from the motel to the airport for the workshop. As well, if you might be flying in commercially, for the occasion, the best airport to do that into is Long Island Islip MacArthur Airport (ISP). Service is available from Southwest and Delta. If you are arriving on Friday or departing late Saturday or on Sunday, after the seminar, we would be able to provide transportation to and from Islip. Or if you prefer you can rent a car at Islip and provide your own transportation. It is about a 45 minute drive from Islip to Mattituck.

We sincerely hope that you will be able to attend the class that will be offered! If you?re planning to attend, we simply ask you to reply to this email privately at [email protected], advising us you name and contact information, with a daytime phone number you can be reached at and we will take it from there. We will be limiting the class to approximately 25-35 participants, so that every one who attends has the opportunity to get the full benefit of the instruction. I am sure that the allocated spots will fill up quickly, so please get back to me as soon as possible to guarantee that you will have the opportunity to attend this session.

Hope to be hearing from you soon!

Good Luck,
Mahlon Russell
1-800-624-6680 ext. 305
www.mattituck.com

;) CJ

//he info was posted on the VAF front page for some time

Ah, I see. I tend not to spend much time on the front page. Too cluttered for my tastes (hazard of the business I'm in). Sounds like a great time. I'm getting near the time to start thinking about some of this stuff.

And, of course, I have no clue what I'm doing.

I signed up for the class with Mahlon yesterday. He said there were only a few spots left. I'm thinking of flying into JFK. It looks like a long drive out to Mattituck from there, but it's better than dealing with a 3 hour layover in Philadelphia.