Larry Parham

Well Known Member
Teledyne Mattituck TMX IO-320 red gold serial (CT-388)
I am wanting to know which engine number it is. ??? A1A, B1B. Have looked all over the engine for it. Also emailed Lycoming with no response.....Data Plate shows 165 hp

Last edited:
What you have is not a Lycoming, so it doesn't surprise me they didn't have a clue.

You are going to have to contact Mattituck and ask them which configuration your engine most closely matches.

Larry sounds like you might have 9:1 compression, in which case Lycoming didn't make an IO-320 engine with that compression. If the FI is mounted on the bottom of the engine, the closest match to a Lycoming engine model would likely be an IO-320-D1A with 9:1 comp ration. If the FI is mounted horizontally that Lycoming never had a model like that, so it would be an IO-320-D1A with forward facing sump and 9:1 compression.
Merry Christmas,
Mahlon

Still support after the fact

It's nice to see Mahlon is still monitoring the forum to lend us support. Hope things are going well for you our friend.

MATTITUCK ENGINE

Called Mattitucks 800 number on my original paperwork, got Continental, worked my to a gentleman that was with Mattituck years ago. I gave him my ser # and he is going to email me the configuration of my engine. Thanks to all. Mahlon was right it is a D1A

Last edited:
Kudos to Mahlon!

He is like the Everready Bunny--he never stops! He has always been a great source of information for us.

Vic

TBO and engine model for a TMX-IO-320?

Hello

I'm in the same boat ... I'm too need an engine model and also would be interested in getting information about TBO of that engine.

It is a TMY-IO-320, 160hp, vertical induction, roller tappet, AFP Injection, 2 PMAG.

It was one of the last engines that where built by Mattituck.

Who I can contact if I need information and assistance about this specific engine?

Thanks alot,

Hello

I'm in the same boat ... I'm too need an engine model and also would be interested in getting information about TBO of that engine.

It is a TMY-IO-320, 160hp, vertical induction, roller tappet, AFP Injection, 2 PMAG.

It was one of the last engines that where built by Mattituck.

Who I can contact if I need information and assistance about this specific engine?

Thanks alot,

You should probably call Teledyne Continental, which acquired Mattituck.