Jekyll

Well Known Member
Wow, I want to thank Mahlon, John and the whole Mattituck crew for a great seminar. What a truely rewarding experience. John assembled a TMX-O-360 from parts to a complete engine in less time than it would take me to find the directions in the manual. Mahlon ran another on the test cell for us. John gave a tour of the Mattituck auto museum which holds at least 4 cars that are the only surviving examples in existance.

Mahlon and John happily answered any and all questions posed and appeared to really enjoy sharing knowledge. (Mahlon, thanks for the demonstration on counterbalanced cranks).

Also, it was a nice opportunity to meet several folks on the list and put faces with names. People traveled from as far as Austin TX and Miami Beach FL. It seemed that each person I met said they were building an RV. Chaz with an 8, Bill with a 10 and many with 7s and 7As.

Fabian, we saw your name tag. Many of us were dissapointed you couldn't make it. I had some panel questions :)

Mahlon, John and crew: thanks!

I highly recommend this to list members if, and when, Mattituck offers it again.

Jekyll

Well said

I agree completely. A great day was provided by the crew at Mattituck and it was well worth the time. Thanks.

Mattituck

I bought my TMX IOF 360 from Mattituck a year ago and traveled there to participate in its assembly. John spent the day assembling and explaining every step of the process. He worked and I took photos and asked questions. It was a great day indeed. If you are fortunate to have recently purchased from them you will discover that there service doesn't end when the engine goes out the door.

We had a blast at the seminar.. Many thanks to Mahlon, John, and Keith for putting this together. It was very, very valuable.

And we had a lot of fun flying in a -7A from Charlotte. What a beautiful trip.. the weather was great (especially today).. but as expected, headwind both ways :) ... I'll try putting up a few photos.

Mattituck

I bought my TMX-0360 12 months ago and 20 flight hrs later cannot say enough about Mahlon and Mattituck support. There is no dumb question (I could be captain of that squad) and a genuine interest in your satisfaction. Sounds like a sales pitch but I want them to be around for a long time.

Bob, I learned that the IO-390 is a good choice for me!

I was on the fence between the IO-360-A1B6 200 HP Angle Valve engine and the IO-390.

This workshop cinched the decision for me.

I want 200 solid horses, no RPM restrictions (with a Hartzell Prop) and cost is actually lower than the IO-360!

I also learned what a counterweighted crank looks like, how it works and what can happen if it acts up!

:) CJ

Thanks for the kind words guys. Glad you enjoyed it! If anyone wants to be put on the notification list for the next one, just email me privately at [email protected] and we will keep you informed.
Good Luck,
Mahlon
"The opinions and information provided in this and all of my posts are hopefully helpful to you. Please use the information provided responsibly and at your own risk."

NYC Side Trip

I hope Mahlon and John will be doing these workshops when I get ready to buy my engine in a couple of years. I'm planning to take the wife on a side trip to NYC for some Broadway plays and some romantic dinners. But I will present the idea to her as a trip to NYC and a side trip over to Long Island to visit Mattituck! ;) Of course, she will immediately know which will be the real side trip! I hope Southwest continues their service to Islip(KISP).
Don

Bob Collins said:
You know what would be cool? Videotape the seminar and encode it and slap it on the Web.

And post all of Mattituck's tricks, techniques and proprietary processes for other companies to copy? I sure wouldn't do that to them. That's something that ONLY Mattituck should do after they determin the risks to thier business.

Jekyll

It was a suggestion to Mattituck. Obviously, you wouldn't go traipsing into Mattittuck with a video crew. But I also presume the seminars lead to more sales of Mattituck engines and such an endeavor would be highly profitable.

You mean, though, that Mattituck revealed all their secrets during this seminar? Did you guys take an oath or something? :D

Bob Collins said:
You mean, though, that Mattituck revealed all their secrets during this seminar? Did you guys take an oath or something? :D

That's on a need to know basis... :p

Paul

John/Mike,

Great meeting you and all the other builders. I have a bunch of pictures but have not had the opportunity to post them yet. I learned that so far I made the right engine decision.

Mahlon,
Thanks for the class.

Engine02.jpg