Sticky1

Well Known Member
Yesterday I had the opportunity to attend an engine rebuild class at Teledyne Mattituck Services Inc. in Mattituck, Long Island, NY. Each year they hold this class for those who wish to attend……at no charge…

The day started off at 8am with coffee and donuts and a crankshaft. As the day progressed John had built up a complete engine.
Many questions, many answers.
The wealth of knowledge was unbelievable.

John and Mahlon put on a great class. My hat is off to both of you.

Thank you

http://www.mattituck.com/

IMG_0117.jpg

IMG_0116.jpg

IMG_0122.jpg

IMG_0123.jpg

[ed. thread moved to more appropriate area. dr]

Last edited by a moderator:
I attended that class a few years ago now. Thought it was great. Love my engine!

Steve
RV7A
Mattituck Red/Gold TMX IO-360

I wish I had heard about it, I would have made the trip.
Is there any way to sign up so that I'll get a notification next year?

Thanks for the kind words!
I don't know if we will do it at Oshkosh this year. I don't think so at this point but maybe. Paul I put you name on the list to be notified about the next one. If any one else wants to get on that list, just email me at [email protected].
Good Luck,
Mahlon
?The opinions and information provided in this and all of my posts are hopefully helpful to you. Please use the information provided responsibly and at your own risk."

I would highly encourage you to repeat the workshop at OSH. I can more easily get to OSH for a day than I can get to Long Island.

A fair number of us are already at OSH all week, so carving out a day isn't that big of a deal.

Three of the problems with doing this at OSH are time, space and focus. When John and Mahlon do this at Mattituck it takes a full day, and they move at a brisk pace. I don't know how many people would sacrifice a whole day at OSH. Perhaps they could abridge the presentation by having engines in various states of assembly, but I think you would lose the detail that goes into each step of engine assembly by just hearing about it rather than seeing it.

Second usually there are quite a few people at these events. I am sure space is at a premium at OSH, though perhaps they could use a seminar room for the day.

Finally I think it will be tough to get people to focus on an all day event during the greatest aviation show on earth. I think it would detract from the presentation to have people coming and going throughout.

I would highly encourage you to repeat the workshop at OSH. I can more easily get to OSH for a day than I can get to Long Island.

A fair number of us are already at OSH all week, so carving out a day isn't that big of a deal.