flybill7

Well Known Member
I'm putting in the electrim trim, with hat switch on pilot stick and the Matronics Governor Mk III. I'm looking for some ideas on how to mount the governor. I want to put it near the pilots stick. Anybody have any images of how they mounted the governor?

Also, I saw a post that said the LED position indicator wasn't any good. Just wondering how the indicator has worked out for people. It requires running 3 22awg wires all the way from the servo to the panel; if it doesn't work very well, maybe I should forget about it and save the weight.

Thanks in advance, Bill

Put mine on sub-panel

Mounting the Governor was a bit of a quandary for me also. I cut a small piece of .032 just a little longer then the Gov. I RTV'd the Gov to the AL strip and drilled a hole in the extra length for a #8 screw.

I put mine on the sub-panel (7A Slider) because I thought it was easiest to wire there. I did install the LED indicator and the Rocker switch in the panel on the co-pilot side.

After I had the panel cut I realized that I didn't really need the LED because I can display the trim setting on my engine monitor. But since I needed to fill the hole I installed and wired up the LED... which was a real pain with all those tiny wires.

Governor Mounting

Rick,

I'm going to try to do it the way you did. I'm wondering about how well the plastic governor will stick to alcad aluminum. What kind of RTV did you use?

... Bill

Last edited:
RTV

I'm using Dow Corning 3145 RTV. This is very expensive if you pay full retail. I got my first couple of tubes for free and then I bought a lot of "expired" airline inventory on E-bay.

I've still got a few tubes available that I'll sell for $8 plus shipping.

Last edited:
I'm using Dow Corning 3145 RTV. This is very expensive if you pay full retail. I got my first couple of tubes for free and then I bought a lot of "expired" airline inventory on E-bay.

I've still got a few tubes available that I'll sell for $8 plus shipping.

Rick, I'd like to buy a tube. Sent you a PM. ... Bill