lostpilot28

Well Known Member
Does anyone know how long the warranty is on the PVPV-1 parking brake? These things are garbage, and I can see why they redesigned them. I can't believe I spent $120 on this thing. The new design looks better, but I've not heard if anyone has used them yet. On mine, if you tighten the fittings down enough to stop the fluid leaks, the tappets get stuck. :eek:

Any ideas on how to fix/replace/repair this thing?

If it's like the PVPV-D (new version), they sell replacement parts for it on the Matco website.

I've heard several complaints about the PVPV-1 going bad rather quickly. I'm hoping my -D model has a longer lifespan.

Phil

We put one of the old style valves in the Cozy. After a few uses it started leaking internally and took some time to figure that out! Replaced it with the new style and have had no issues with the valve since. One is going in my -10 for sure.;)

Thanks guys...I spoke to the Matco technical rep on the phone yesterday morning and he never told me if there was a warranty or how long it was (even after asking several times)...makes me wonder if they get that question a lot for the PVPV-1. All he kept saying was "I've got one in my airplane, and it's been working fine for 7 years". Love support like that.

He wanted me to send the unit to them so they could "properly" put my AN fittings on, but I declined and am having a new set of O-rings sent to me instead. If I rebuild the thing, maybe it'll stop leaking. :rolleyes: