ron sterba

Well Known Member
Has anybody installed one of the new Matco parking brake units? Like to see your mod on it if I could please. Just received my unit new from SPRUCE. Trying to figure how to set it up. It needs a special bracket. I did get one picture of a mod ( Thanks) with a older model which feeds from the front of the unit. This one feeds from the top and then goes out to the brakes at the bottom. Thanks Ron in Oregon.

Has anybody installed one of the new Matco parking brake units? Like to see your mod on it if I could please. Just received my unit new from SPRUCE. Trying to figure how to set it up. It needs a special bracket. I did get one picture of a mod ( Thanks) with a older model which feeds from the front of the unit. This one feeds from the top and then goes out to the brakes at the bottom. Thanks Ron in Oregon.

If you don't want to make you're own bracket, Dave Ward sells one intended for a RV-10, but will work with any RV. You can get it from Airward or from Vans. These are both kits, but you should be able to get just the bracket.

bob

Bob thanks for the info. I'll look into it. That website shows the first generation PVPV-1. This PVPV-D D for dual is the LATEST OUT AT $103 BUCKS FROM Matco.

Matco Parking Brake Valve

Ron,
I purchased the RV10 mount as described above; it came with instructions and holes for the PVPV-D style (as well as the older design).

I determined the best cable path first, then oriented the mount and valve. I routed the brake lines as part of this process using some coat hanger wire to see if the tubing runs would work.

No issues. No mods required to the mount or valve...

Good luck,
Mike