Sleepy

Sponsor
I have Matco's High Energy WHLWE51HE brakes on my new RV-8. The brakes were dragging a bit, and in the process of diagnosing the problem, I discovered the brake pads extend past the outer edge of the rotor (see photo). I sent this into Matco and followed up with a phone call, but I haven't heard anything back yet. I went through and reviewed the installation instructions to verify that everything was put in its proper place and everything appears to be installed correctly. I'm going to pull the entire assembly apart today and double check part numbers, but beyond that, I can't imagine what the problem might be. Has anybody run into this issue before? Suggestions?

IMG_1667.jpeg

Mine look the same. the area of the overhang is small. Just the corner. I didn’t detect any drag from it. I got about 400 landings on the first set before they were at minimum thickness.

As a general statement mine, and many others I know, brakes drag a little after landing/ push back in hanger. Audible only to most, no impact on directional control, or effectiveness. Describe your “dragging“ . Being outside the rotor doesn’t seem applicable to your concern to me