Xkuzme1

Well Known Member
i have been unable to match my white color code. I can't find any reference to the number. Does anyone have any ideas? This picture is taken from the logbook.
open

If all else fails, take a sample to your local paint shop (access panel cover plate or something like that) and they can color match it.

Check with your DuPont (or Axalta) dealer. They did change a lot of the color codes sometime in the past, but should have a cross-reference (or mixing formula) to their present paint types.

Dupont

8796 is an old code for a shade of white Dupont Imron paint. I believe it was from their marine color charts and I think it has a very slight blue tint to it. Any large Dupont paint distributor should be able to track it down for you. If I knew how to post images I could post a color chart I found online showing it. Here is a link that should show the chart.

http://www.rideyourbike.com/images/paint/paint3.jpg

Nailed it. It is very white... with a slight blue hint. Very tough to match this white so far.

I would recommend a color match from a local paint supply store. Any fade would make the new paint of the original color not match. I have had great results having the paint store match colors.