maus92

Well Known Member
Has anyone ever fabricated a small annunciator panel to mount on the glare shield or the canopy bow? I'm thinking about doing this with my RV-8. Right now, the glare shield has a compass and GPS antenna. In my MLU, I intend to remove the compass and install an AOA indicator, and relocate the GPS antenna to the engine compartment. I'd like to have the MW/MC indicator up in my field of vision, since these annunciators are basically repeating what would be displayed on the EFIS anyway. I'm trying to figure out what to do with the compass.

Comments / suggestions are encouraged!

CA
Annapolis

How about just below the glareshield? Mount as high on th epanel as possible, and it is simple to do. Here's our RV-3:

P1000839.JPG

Inexpensive LED indicators, a little artistic license with the bezel, and you're done.

From Rosie: I have what Ironflight has :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm drooling over that panel! Mine is going to be 2 GDU 460s, with the A/P controller centered over the EFIS, and little else. My original plan was to mount the annunciators to the left and/or right of the A/P, but I've been thinking about keeping the panel simple, and the connections to other electrical devices to a minimum so I can easily remove the panel to change things around.

CA
Annapolis

Below is a panel that is somewhat similar to your layout (kinda/sorta but not exactly) where you can see three empty holes above the audio panel where annunciators will eventually be placed - you should be able to start having fun shortly! :)

Yep..this can be done with NO modifications to the basic stock panel or structure behind the panel.

Cheers,
Stein

SPRATTDONEsb.jpg

Last edited:
Yea, that panel would be mine if I had the money for the GTN 650 :)

Nice looking though!

CA

Here you go, big red light up high on the panel.

Plus, there is an audio alert over the headphones.

P2030033.jpg