miyu1975

Well Known Member
How far should I be able to twist the blue fittings into the master cylinders. So far I am only getting about 3 twist, which doesn't seem to be enough. Once I add fuel lube to it I may get one more twist maybe 2 with some extra effort. There sure are a lot threads left though?...is this a problem?

P1010692.JPG

The fitting on the right...

...looks to be ok, the one on the left appears to be cross-threaded.

I also had the same concern about the number of threads that were engaged, but I was assured by an A&P that it was "normal".

I also "modified" an elbow fitting by using a pipe thread die and cut the threads for more engagement before the fitting got snug. I did not like the way it turned out with the the sharp cut threads, and went back to the unmodified AN fitting. No issues with leaks using the standard fittings...

dont forget..

You probably know this, but don't forget the cotter pin in the left one. It may be there, just cant see it in the picture.

Just did this last week.

The bottom fitting points almost straight up when they're right. Not quite, but almost.

I left mine kicked out too much at first and the hoses interferes with the hoses on the opposite pedal. Turning them back closer to the center line fixed it the issue.

If you're eye-balling it, the lower fitting should be pointed toward the top fitting and angled "just barely enough" to miss the upper fitting. That's not much. :)

thanks for the heads up and advice. It just didn't seem like I was getting them twisted down enough, but I guess this is normal. No leaks then no prob..thx