Guy Prevost

Well Known Member
Hi,
I've avoided recessing my back rivet plate into my work surface since my work surface is actually the outfeed table for my table saw. (I used to be a furniture maker for a living and the woodworking tools dominate my shop).

Last night while back-riveting the stiffeners into my rudder I realized that my 1968 Delta Unisaw looked an awful lot like a giant back riveting plate. It worked great, but after closer inspection I noticed that all of the tiny corrosion pits in the top of my table saw telegraphed into the heads of the rivets. :eek: As anyone else had this happen to them? Will the sanding during the paint process remove these marks, or will I have to live with them? Any thoughts?

TIA,
Guy

BTW--Here's some photos of the furniture I just completed in order to buy my wing kit. http://www.speed3guy.smugmug.com/gallery/1128266

I had the same occurance. Before painting, I went over all of my rivet lines with a small scotch bright wheel cheucked into a drill. The paint came out great with no hint of any marks or dimples.
By the way, I did paint some pieces with out doing the SB wheel thing, and they also came out fine.