PH102

I'm building a slider RV7A. My canopy part C-601-1 SC15 came with these markings near my clamp (on front and rear flange) and the words written " Tip up Only".

I picked it up October '23.

Has anyone else seen this?

I've posted the same question to Van's awaiting reply.
20240531_155841.jpg

I remember seeing all the canopies being stored standing up on end at the Vans factory. Might the marking mean 'this end up' for their storage purposes?

Only a guess, but, I think the salvage lends itself to fitting a tipup and not a slider. Meaning the cutoff portion will work for a tipup but not a slider.

It turns out that the words "Tip up only" where written by someone at Airplane Plastics. There was supposedly a small flaw that supposedly would not show on a tip up. I live close to Van's so they swapped me out for an unmarked one.
20240618_101844.jpg

20240618_101915.jpg

My new canopy still has these markings. They are on the underside on the plexi itself. Does anyone know if those are there for the builder or the part maker?

I think the marking is for clamping to make the vacuum mold. My RV8 canopy had these markings too. You will slowly trim off all of these extra flashing while you fit the canopy. In the mean time, store it in a safe place and build on.

I think the marking is for clamping to make the vacuum mold. My RV8 canopy had these markings too. You will slowly trim off all of these extra flashing while you fit the canopy. In the mean time, store it in a safe place and build on.
Cool. Thanks!